Are you considering an Endurance warranty and wondering if it is worth the cost? Our review team is here to help. We compiled coverage and cost data, as well as some Endurance reviews to give you a better understanding of what Endurance offers and how the company compares to other extended warranty providers.
Table of Contents
- An Overview of Endurance
- What Do Endurance’s Warranty Plans Cover?
- How Much Does an Endurance Warranty Cost?
- Endurance Warranty Reviews
- Our Verdict on Endurance
One of the biggest features of Endurance is its coverage options for older vehicles. Depending on the plan, coverage is available for cars up to 20 years old. Additionally, the provider places a focus on customer satisfaction with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Coverage available for up to 15 years/200,000 miles
- Direct broker of contracts
- Includes one free year of Endurance Elite Membership benefits
- The claims process can be difficult
- Long waiting periods for some plans
An Overview of Endurance
Endurance Warranty Services, LLC is an extended warranty provider headquartered in Northbrook, IL. Since it was founded in 2006, the warranty provider has offered a range of plans that provide basic to comprehensive coverage for most cars.
Unlike most extended car warranty companies, which partner with other companies to fulfill contracts, Endurance manages its own protection plans and claims directly.
To insure customer satisfaction, Endurace offers a 30-day money-back guarantee. Policyholders also receive one free year of Endurance Elite Membership, which includes benefits such as tire repairs and replacements, key fob replacements, and more.
While Endurance is currently not accredited by the Better Business Bureau (BBB), it holds a C rating from the BBB.
What Do Endurance’s Warranty Plans Cover?
Endurance has six extended auto warranty plans:
- Secure: The Secure plan is the most affordable and is created to cover only the most vital parts of your vehicle. It’s a good option for drivers who want peace of mind in case a major vehicle system needs repairs.
- Secure Plus: The Secure Plus plan is well suited for someone who is looking for a bit more than just the basic powertrain coverage that the Secure plan provides.
- Select Premier: The Select Premier plan is designed to provide coverage for vital components in vehicles with up to 150,000 miles.
- Superior: The Superior plan is a stated-component comprehensive plan that offers coverage for most components in a vehicle. The plan includes hundreds of parts and systems.
- Supreme: The Supreme plan is an exclusionary plan that gives drivers bumper-to-bumper coverage similar to a manufacturer’s factory warranty. The plan covers all parts of your vehicle except the stated exclusions and provides the most complete coverage of any Endurance plan.
- EnduranceAdvantage™: The Advantage plan is unique because it covers not only mechanical breakdowns but also offers coverage for maintenance, which is unusual among extended warranties. The plan has three levels of coverage – Prime, Plus, and Preferred – all of which include high-level stated-component coverage. The covered routine maintenance includes things like oil changes, engine diagnostics, and brake pad replacements.
Here’s a breakdown of the first five plans:
|Secure Plan||Secure Plus Plan||Select Premier Plan||Superior Plan||Supreme Plan|
Endurance has additional coverage when it comes to hybrid components, commercial use, lift modified components, and high-tech components. These add-ons can be purchased with any of the six warranty plans listed above.
While Endurance has comprehensive warranty options, there are a few exclusions that are common in the industry:
- Routine maintenance, which includes services such as tire rotations, oil changes, and the like
- Wear and tear of any parts that are expected to wear out through regular use, such as wiper blades and light bulbs.
- Damages caused by a lack of routine maintenance, pre-existing conditions, acts of nature, theft, vandalism, or falling objects
To see what is excluded in your contract, make sure to read the fine print. You can also reach out to the company for a sample contract if you are still not sure that Endurance is right for you.
All Endurance warranty contracts come with benefits such as:
- 24/7 roadside assistance, which includes jumping your battery, providing towing service, delivering fuel and parts, changing a flat tire with a spare, unlocking your car, and more
- Substitute transportation, which provides rental car reimbursement or covers the fees of alternate public transportation while your car is being repaired at a licensed auto repair facility
- Trip interruption, which reimburses you for food and lodging if your car breaks down more than 100 miles from home
With the purchase of any Endurance warranty plan, the policyholder receives one free year of Endurance Elite Membership, which includes:
- Membership rewards
- Key fob replacement
- ID theft protection
- Tire replacements and repairs
- Endurance Protection app
- A $250 voucher to select restaurants and movie theaters
How Much Does an Endurance Warranty Cost?
The cost of an extended auto warranty varies based on personal information such as your location, vehicle, and more. Generally, the cost of an Endurance contract ranges from $80 – $130 per month, with a down payment of around $200. You can set your deductible to $0, $50, $100, or $200. The extended warranty provider offers flexible monthly payment plans and a 30-day money-back guarantee in case of cancellation.
Endurance Warranty Reviews
If you’re considering a company, it’s important to understand how actual customers feel about their experiences. We’ve summarized Endurance warranty reviews to help you with that.
On average, BBB customer ratings for the company land at just under 4 stars, which our researchers feel is fairly good for online reviews. Below are some high-level points on what Endurance customer reviews have to say:
Positive Endurance Warranty Reviews
- Knowledgable customer service representatives who can answer questions in detail
- Comprehensive service
“Very easy to sign up, very clear what you are getting. I enjoyed my experience and would recommend to anybody in the market for an extended warranty.”-Tyler M. via BBB
Negative Endurance Warranty Reviews
- The cancellation process can be a headache
- Initial marketing materials feel excessive
- Issues with claim approvals
“I have had nothing but bad service. My auto body shop has been getting the run around, and really having a hard time to get a claim filed. He has given everything they asked for and they still [are] giving him a hard time. So now they refuse to deal with Endurance and that leaves me in a bind. I have paid a lot of money for this policy and now you won’t honor it. I am very disappointed and upset. I will never use Endurance again and I will spread the word [about] what a horrible company this is.-Caroyln G. via BBB
Our Verdict on Endurance
We rated Endurance 5.0 out of 5.0 stars. We recommend this provider to anyone looking for reliable and comprehensive vehicle protection coverage. Endurance stands out because it is a direct provider, which is not common for independent warranty companies.
If you’re still not convinced, here is a recap of some of the things that make Endurance unique:
- Our star rating: 5.0 out of 5.0 stars
- Best for: Drivers looking for reliable coverage
- Claim payments: Claims are made directly to the repair shop, so you are only required to pay the deductible. You won’t have to pay upfront and wait for reimbursement.
- Warranty cost: Endurance plans are an average cost when compared to other warranty providers, but vary based on individual factors like mileage and age of the vehicle. Endurance customers generally pay a $100 deductible for repairs.
- 30-day refund period: You have 30 days after purchasing your contract to review the details and decide whether or not you want to keep it. If you decide you don’t want your Endurance warranty, call the customer service line to cancel for a full refund.
- Endurance Elite Membership: This complimentary one-year membership comes with any service contract from Endurance. It features many useful perks, such as a Tile Locator that attaches to your keys and connects with your phone. This allows you to locate your keys if you misplace them. The membership also includes key fob and tire replacement and identity theft recovery services.
- 24/7 roadside assistance: Roadside assistance is included in the Endurance Elite Membership and can be used once every 72 hours.
- Towing service: Towing within 25 miles is completely covered.
- Customer service: The helpful and friendly customer service is mentioned often in customer reviews. Many reviews explain how a customer service representative was able to fix the customer’s problems by going above and beyond.
- Transferability: Most contracts can be transferred to a new owner with a $50 fee.
- Free quote: Customers can get a free quote from Endurance online and by calling (877) 374-1840.
Read our other reviews: