CARCHEX: Reviews, Coverage, & Cost
Are you shopping for an extended warranty to cover unexpected repair costs after your factory warranty expires? Read our CARCHEX review to learn about one of the nation’s best extended warranty providers and find out why we rated the provider 5.0 out of 5.0 stars. Our team will dive into coverage, cost, and customer reviews to see if CARCHEX offers the best protection for your vehicle.
Table of Contents
CARCHEX’s extended vehicle protection plans are backed by industry experts, making them a reliable choice. The warranty provider offers a money-back guarantee and promises to give you the lowest cost upfront, showing that customer service is a top priority.
- Coverage available for up to 10 years/250,000 miles
- Strong customer service reputation
- Partnerships and endorsements from industry leaders
- Does not offer coverage for luxury vehicles such as Rolls Royce or Lamborghini
- Does not offer specialty plans for motorcycles or recreational vehicles
An Overview of CARCHEX
Headquartered in Hunt Valley, Maryland, CARCHEX, LLC is one of the most reputable extended auto warranty providers in the US. The company was founded in 1999 and started offering vehicle service contracts in 2004. The company currently has five service plans available in all 50 states.
CARCHEX has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB), having earned its accreditation in 2009. The warranty provider is partnered and backed by companies such as CARFAX, Edmunds.com, Kelley Blue Book, SiriusXM, CarAdvise, RepairPal, and more.
What Coverage Plans Does CARCHEX Offer?
CARCHEX offers five levels of coverage, all of which are backed by reputable industry leaders, such as American Auto Shield and Royal Administration Services. Coverage levels include:
- Titanium: Bumper-to-bumper warranty coverage, which is the highest level of coverage available, for up to 10 years
- Platinum: Covers hundreds of specific components, including all major systems, for up to 10 years
- Gold: Great for vehicles with 90,000+ miles for coverage up to 10 years
- Silver: Similar to a “powertrain plus” plan, this level is great for vehicles with 100,000+ miles and lasts up to seven years
- Bronze: Basic coverage for your engine and transmission for up to six years
|Bronze Plan||Silver Plan||Gold Plan||Platinum Plan||Titanium Plan|
|Seals And Gaskets||✓||✓||✓|
|Wear And Tear||✓||✓||✓|
**Optional. Actual coverage available may vary based on year, make, model, mileage, and state.
To guarantee a customer’s satisfaction, all CARCHEX contracts offer a No-Haggle, Low-Price Everyday Guarantee™, as well as a 30-day refund guarantee in case of a cancellation. You also get to choose which repair facility to visit in case of a breakdown, as long as it is certified by the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE).
Most warranty companies, including CARCHEX, do not cover routine maintenance services, such as oil changes, tire rotations, timing belt replacements, and tune-ups. Wear-and-tear items, such as brake pads and windshield wipers, are also not covered by an extended warranty.
Other exclusions may be listed in your contract, depending on what coverage option you choose. We recommend that you look online or reach out to the warranty provider to ask for a sample contract to give you the chance to read all of the fine print.
All CARCHEX warranty contracts come with benefits, including:
- 24/7 roadside assistance
- Rental car reimbursement
- Trip interruption service
How Much Does CARCHEX Cost?
While the cost of an extended auto warranty varies based on personal factors, such as your location, vehicle, and more, we found that a CARCHEX policy typically ranges in cost from $180 – $250 monthly. You can choose a deductible of $0, $50, $100, or $200, while our down payment generally corresponds to your first monthly payment.
How Do Customers Review CARCHEX?
As with any large provider, CARCHEX reviews are mixed. While many customers rave about the CARCHEX customer service and level of personal care, other policyholders have a very different experience. Reviewers on Trustpilot give the warranty provider 3.4 out of 5.0 stars, while customers on the BBB give the provider 2.27 out of 5.0 stars.
Below are some direct quotes from CARCHEX customers:
Positive CARCHEX Reviews
“Great company and so easy to deal with. I have never experienced this type of costumer service.”-Hector R. via BBB
“My experience with CARCHEX was excellent. [The] sales representative was well-informed and very professional. I highly recommend them and their product. “-Paul L. via BBB
Negative CARCHEX Reviews
“Do not buy this warranty! They will tell you they will cover items then they will not cover them. You’ll call and be put on hold for hours! You can request a call back from multiple numbers and they will never call you back. This is the worst customer service experience I have ever had. Buyer beware.”-Kirk P. via BBB
Our Verdict on CARCHEX
If you are searching for a reputable extended warranty provider that offers comprehensive coverage plans, we recommend CARCHEX. With its notable partnerships, BBB accreditation, and a 5.0-star rating, this provider offers peace of mind by protecting you from unexpected, expensive repairs.
If you are still not sure, here is a quick recap of some of the aspects of CARCHEX that stand out:
- Our star rating: 5.0 out of 5.0 stars
- Best for: High-mileage or used vehicles
- Partnerships/endorsements: CARFAX, Edmunds.com, Kelley Blue Book, SiriusXM, CarAdvise, RepairPal, and more
- Customer service: The brand motto is “Customer Experience Above All,” and its No-Haggle, Low-Price Everyday Guarantee™ means it will give the best price upfront.
- BBB accreditation and rating: CARCHEX has an A+ rating and has been accredited since 2009.
- Affordability: You can select a monthly payment plan that’s more manageable than a full annual payment.
- 30-day money-back guarantee: If you’re not satisfied with your coverage, you can get a full refund within 30 days.
- Included benefits: All plans include 24/7 roadside assistance, towing, gas delivery, trip interruption services, and rental car reimbursement.
- Claims paid to repair shop: CARCHEX pays the auto shop directly, so you don’t have to fund an expensive car repair upfront and wait to be reimbursed.
- Free quote: Price estimates are customized to your specific vehicle, budget, driving habits, and needs. Get your personalized quote by visiting CARCHEX or speaking to a salesperson at (866) 736-4303.
Read our other reviews: